These charming bird eggs add an earthy and natural look to Easter decor. Add to a glass vase, floral arrangement, wire egg basket or twig nest. Adorn a grapevine wreath with speckled eggs, decorative moss, dried flowers, pussy willows and ribbons to welcome guests at the front door.
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Hot glue
- Bamboo skewers
- Neutral colored plastic primer spray paint
- Stone texture spray paint
- Acrylic paints diluted with water (optional)
- Assorted paint brushes
- Clear acrylic sealer
- Glue plastic eggs closed with small amount of glue
- Add a small dab of glue to all holes but one on bottom or round side egg
- Firmly insert bamboo skewer into remaining hole
- Spray eggs with coat of primer and dry thoroughly
- Next spray eggs with one or two coats of stone texture paint, drying between coats
- Paint and speckle eggs with acrylic paints, drying between painting methods (optional)
- Remove skewers and patch hole with dabs of glue, texture paint and acrylics
- When completely dry, spray with sealer
Eggs can be left on skewers, trimmed and arranged in floral foam, for flower and plant displays.
To attach to wreaths, leave plastic egg holes open (unglued) for later insertion of floral wire.